Sunday, July 14, 2024

Beginning knitters possible projects

When I knit in public, I find that almost always someone asks me about learning to knit.  I suggest that they come and get needles and yarn from me and then actually use you tube to learn the technique.  But I always think about the fact that we should choose a simple project for their first project that they can actually finish and wear.  Tonight I am looking for a few possible projects.

Elm Bank Cowl.  Sarah made me my first one.  And I have made two since then.  


the pattern is no longer available, but I have the pattern in my drop box files under scarfs and cowls.  This cowl is knit on size 17 needles with 90 yards of  super bulky yarn.  If using less bulky yarn, one might use two strands of worsted held together.   For my cowls I used Malabrigo Rasta. 


Another good pattern is the Church Mouse Bias Before and after Scarf:


Another good pattern is the Bayshore Wrap:


Another good pattern would be Church Mouse's Magic Three Yarn Scarf


I am cleaning up my overly full screen on my computer today and found a pattern that would be easy but look quite impressive when finished.  It is Matchmaker by Martina Behm







No comments:

Post a Comment