Saturday, November 27, 2021

Church Mouse's Magic Three Yarn Scarf and Wrap



 I have looked at this pattern for years.  I purchased the recipe years ago and it is stored in Drop Box.  It might also be in my library on Ravelry?  I am working on a shawl that was a knit along with Casapinka this fall that is hard to pick up when the phone rings or I have a few extra minutes.  I keep making mistakes and ripping out.  I needed a mindless project to sit on my desk.  And this is exactly that.  It calls for three yarns.  One variegated, one mohair, and a bulky that calls for at gauge for size 10 needles.  So I raided my stash and found the following:



The red is 


The variegated is:




And the yellow is 










I cast on the recommended 190 stitches.  The wrap is knit from end to end rather than across.

I ended up setting this project aside in the spring to work on other projects and just pulled it out again in September 2022.  After finishing I decided to add fringe.  Then I decided I needed decent scissors to cut the fringe ....to even it up.  I really like the looks of this shawl.  I'll add a photo as soon as I find someone to take the photo even though I am still waiting on the new scissors to make final fringe trim.



No comments:

Post a Comment