Sunday, November 6, 2022

Bayshore Wrap.....I-Cord Tab Cast on

In preparation for my knee surgery, I am doing a lot of silly "stuff"....not working on my yard.....not buying Christmas gifts....nothing practical.  I am spending time deciding which yarn to take with me to Boston and which patterns.  

I figure I am going to have a lot of down time.  Something I am not used to having.  And it would seem that without my tennis and golf and projects, there will be an unusual amount of time for knitting and genealogy.

I have some pretty yarn called Nebula that is self striping.  It is fingering knit on size 3 needles.  I have two balls with 416 yards in each ball.  The pattern calls for two colors, but I will let the color changes speak for themselves.


I looked for the perfect project that would be simple to keep me occupied interesting to finish.  I worry that my brain will not be up to anything complicated.  The pattern I chose is called Bayshore Wrap.


I like the shape an size.  But I decided to work the I-Cord Tab Cast on before surgery as these tabs can be challenging.  This one was simple but as DAR would say, it was fiddly

 

However, I am extremely happy with my results on the tab after tearing it out and restarting two or three times.  So I am ready to do the easy knitting on the project.  For future reference, the keys to getting this tab looking this good is to follow the directions on the Bayshore Wrap and to put self locking markers on the stitches to be picked up after row 4 in the tab.  You want to do this immediately after you knit the first row 2 as she suggests in the photos on page 6.  This one hint saves all sorts of craziness!  When you see her photos in the pattern this will make sense.

I am ready to start section 1 on page 4.  I have already done the set up.




Finished the shawl January 2024.  I was a bit disappointed when I blocked it, but then found that I LOVE it when I actually wear it.  It goes with everything!

















No comments:

Post a Comment