Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Araucania Prisma yarn for Orbit pattern

I could not resist color way #3 of Araucania Prisma yarn at half price.  It has been discontinued.  I have chosen pattern Orbit.




The pattern is for a shawl that is a little small, but I found a project for which the knitter said she just kept knitting .....and it seems she used 814 yards and shawl looks big enough.  

I am going with needle size on Famillediondoyon's Orbit as I like the fabric she shows for her project:


She chose to use needle size 9.  And the photo shows the same colorway that I have chosen.  This seems like a wonderful summer project!  I am excited to work on it.

I am almost finished with my first ball of the yarn.  I thought perhaps I would begin to .....hmmmm....it seems that one just continues to knit until it is big enough and then one binds off with a lace edging.  Not what I expected, but I think it will work.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment