Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Too tempting!

My arm being wrapped makes me do too much piddling.....no ambition....

Looking at Noro Shiraito Yarn on Craftsy....I bought several patterns that are a possibility for this yarn.  One is a book of ponchos (PonchiniVol1EBook) that I filed on Drop box in the Poncho file.  The specific poncho that I liked is Ponchini Grande.  Gingersnap on Ravelry says she used two skeins of Noro Shiraito to make this poncho



The other is Boneyard Shawl that I filed in dropbox in Shawls.  The below photo is a version  knit by knitwit3 in Noro Shiraito Yarn that I found on Ravelry.  She used three skeins.



I bought a total of 5 skeins in two colors to make both projects.

The other very nice yarn on sale is Rowan Fine Art Aran.  It turns out that I have already saved the perfect pattern for this yarn.  It is in Dropbox in shawls/cowls and is called Rowan Fine Art Cowl.  The pattern calls for one hank in color Bachata and size 7 needles.





The Paisley Lace Shawl which is shown in Grey in the book:



I could not find this pattern in the book, but it is available on Ravelry by typing in Paisley Shawl.  It is by Ann Modesitt.  I ended up buying an e-book of 27 of the patterns that I have filed on dropbox in Knitting books.


No comments:

Post a Comment