Monday, August 15, 2016

One more summer project

I rewarded myself last night.  I had finished two on-going projects.  I am still working on the Mermaid tail project that is coming along quite well.  But I need to try it on one of the twins to see when I should start decreasing.....10 inches from desired length.  So I started something new!  I can't help but think about the discussion that Frank and I had last year during the reunion weekend about the fact that both of us are easily distracted by the shiney and new!

The new project was inspired by a shawl that I tried on at the Kanawha City Knitting store.  I found it to be flattering to me .....well at least in my mind.  Was it because it was grey or was it the actual shawl?  It was a Berroco sample made from Artisan yarn from Berroco.  However the grey was not available or I might have bought it right then.

I would have liked to have bought local, but the crazy fact was that Webbs advertised two very pretty colors that have been discontinued at half price.  Neither are the grey, but both are very pretty.  So I bought them on-line.







I am knitting on size 7 needles.  The pattern is ceonothus.  It is designed by Amy Christoffers from Booklet #363 from Berroco.  I bought the pattern.  I have filed it in shawls in drop box.

The two colors that I bought are a brown color and a variegated color way that is beige and light brown.  The yarn is made in Peru which makes me happy.  I'll post the photo of the shawl when I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment