Saturday, May 9, 2020

Decorating with Yarn

I found myself chatting via e-mail with a young woman who thinks she would like to learn to knit.  After explaining to her that You Tube is the very best way to learn to knit,  our conversation turned to yarn.  She already knows how to crochet so she has a bit of it on hand.  I took a few photos to send to her and when I got ready to discard the photos, I thought that I would like to put them on my blog site.  Here is what she wrote to me:

How kind of you to offer to send me a knitting needle and yarn
I will pick one up a knitting needle soon and I have plenty of yarn from crocheting
I always have such a hard time making a decision on yarn ..what color to get etc
I could stand there for hours looking at it and sometimes do

And here is what I wrote back that prompted my photos:

 It is a fun hobby.  I definitely know about looking at yarn for hours….I have some yarn that I love so much I can not seem to find a project worthy of it….it sits in a bowl in my house…and I have looked at it for years…..not hours.  To get even more nerdy, I put winter yarn up from these bowls and get summer yarn out just as I do with my clothes.  I get pleasure just from looking at my yarn.  Don’t hesitate to get back with me if you have any questions.  marsha


No comments:

Post a Comment