Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Brioche Cowl in Rowan Frost

I finally finished my Brioche Cowl in Rowan Frost yarn.  I LOVE it!  Funny how a pattern or project may turn out to be very special.  That is how I feel about this project.  I love the yarn and I love the
pattern and I love wearing it.  I knitted this on size 10 needles using directions that I made up from those that Jane, the owner of the Magpie Yarn store in Lexington had given us.  I have filed the directions in Cowls in the kitchen file.  For more information on materials and etc:

http://marshamosesknitting.blogspot.com/2016/02/jaunt-to-lexington.html



It seems that Frost has been discontinued.  So far it does not see to be discounted anywhere....but in case it does in the future here are a few ideas:

This cowl (above) took two balls of Frost in two different colors.  There is also a scarf on Ravelry of interest:



This scarf is made using the pattern One Row Lace Scarf by Turvid.  It is called Moorland Frost by Deniellenoe

The yarn would also be very pretty in LaLa's simple shawl (about 500 yards) or the Firelight shawl or Simple but effective in dropbox.  About 350 yards for the Firelight and Simple but effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment