Saturday, November 26, 2016

Quaker Yarn Stretcher Boomerang in Cascade Luna Paints yarn

I am looking at yarns Thanksgiving weekend while Mary jogs.  Because of Black Friday, there are great sales.  One is Cascade Luna Paints yarn a 100% cotton yarn from Peru that has been reduced from $12.50 to $2.87.  It is in a very pretty colorway featuring red/pink/grey/black.  My favorite pattern using this yarn has been the Quaker Yarn Stretcher Boomerang.  It is a pattern that I have already purchased and can probably be found both on Ravelry and also in Dropbox.  But one of the things that I most wanted to save is a photo of a VERY pretty way to wear this shawl:


You can see other photos of other shawls made with this same pattern on Ravelry at:

Quaker Yarn Stretcher Boomerang




Second yarn I looked at on Love knitting is Schulana Islanda.  It is a Super Bulky yarn in merino and Alpaca.  109 yards in a skein.  The pattern that I found for it is called cywo's crispin snood:



and leaf mould:



I have not bought the leaf mould pattern yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment