Sunday, September 18, 2016

Mermaid Tail

Kya is pictured abovet modeling the finished project.  You can not really see that there are "scales" all over the body of the garment....but how cute the tail turned out was a very pleasant surprise.

Mia said she didn't care about having a mermaid tail.  She is just as happy having a blanket made out of her part of the yarn.  So I spent the trip to yellow springs making Mia a blanket from the old fashioned dishcloth pattern.  I just continued to yarn over and make the "dishcloth" bigger until I had a child's sized blanket and then did the knit two together and yarn over until finished.

I have to admit that I was very excited when Mia did not want to have a mermaid tail of her own.  It was fun making the first one, but I prefer something a bit faster to make next.  I'll add the blanket to the blog post when I finish it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment