Sunday, September 18, 2016

Fiber Festival in Yellow Springs, Ohio

I told my buddies that I wasn't going to blog about our trip to Yellow Springs, Ohio because of my being embarrassed by my having purchased MORE yarn on this jaunt!  However, we had so much fun that I can NOT totally ignore the event as I journal my knitting life!

Sally drove us to Yellow Springs in her WONDERFUL motor home on Friday.  Friday evening found us sharing cheese and crackers, a bit of wine, Mitzi's wonderful chili that made a great taco salad with the added ingredients that Dar had brought.  It was topped off with Sally's cobbler that "was to die for"!  And, of course, the featured event of the evening was our knitting!  And discussing the plan for the next morning's shopping event.

We agreed that we would leave the motor coach in time to "hit" the tents that housed the vendors when they opened their doors at 9.  And we had agreed that we would go to the vendors that were the most popular last year first.  So our first purchases were at Wolle's and at Fiber Optics.

I will add to this post as I find time.  But I have to add that Sally is a wonderful driver and that I would ride with her ANYWHERE!  Great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment