Monday, August 17, 2020

Superwash Wool

I just finished my fourth Vogue Knitting Live.  It is interesting to me how much better some of the Vendors have become as they have honed their skills on camera on Zoom.  I have learned a lot.  But I have one huge burning question that has emerged from my shopping:  How do I feel about superwash wool.  The consensus of opinion seems to be that the process that gets the wool to this place is NOT ecologically friendly.  But at the same time the superwash wool takes dye in a much more vibrant way.  Thus many of the independent dyers use it to produce the wool that has such spectacular color.
 
I took a class in either June or July in which this question came up.  And one of the students asked if she was trying to avoid superwash where might she get colors that were as vibrant.  And the teacher suggested Sweet Georgia.  I will look at their yarn.

So here is a URL for a post about the superwash system:

http://consciouslycrochet.com/truth-superwash-wool/





No comments:

Post a Comment