Friday, January 2, 2015

Harper's wrap

Harper used to tell me when she was small:  "Nana, Don't knit....it is so boring!"  This year I was knitting an aqua wrap and Harper commented that it is very pretty.  Of course, I replied:  "would you like it?"  And she said yes.  So the wrap is Harper's wrap.

I have knitted on it for so long that I joked at knitting one Tuesday:  "you could just say that I show up and knit on the same thing every week...."

But finally I finished knitting it while I was at Flat Top with the Goldy and Smith group for New Year's Eve.  I do have a few strings to hide and an error or two to correct, but by the time the Goldy's get home, I should be able to give it to Harper for good.

The pattern is Gossamer Rhapsody Light Shawl that I think that I bought in a kit.  I have filed it on my drop box with that as it's name.  For others, it is available from a company called Artyarns which seems to have a Facebook site.  It is particularly easy and forgiving.  Here are the photos of Harper with her new Light shawl:





I bought more yarn to make more of these wraps.  It is specially pretty yarn that is called Rhaspsocy Light by Artyarns in 85% silk and 15% kid mohair.  It is in the new wire racks in the playroom.  The pattern is Gossamer Rhapsody Light Shawl in the knitting patterns on Dropbox.  Here is a photo of the yarn in my stash:


No comments:

Post a Comment