Friday, November 12, 2021

How to avoid ladders on your sock when you knit with double pointed needles

 I remember having someone explain how to avoid these pesky ladders many years ago.  But I could not remember the explanation.  So today I looked on-line and it came back to me.  The secret is to make sure that the two needles that you are working with are behind the needle you just finished using.  It is also helpful to move a few stitches every round or two so the joins are mot in the same place all of the time.

I took the below from a You Tube presentation found at:






up and down and the old needle is in the front allowing one to have the needles now being worked on to be very close in the back.

In this process, one tugs on the second stitch knitted on the new needle rather than the first stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment