Sunday, February 17, 2019

Fallen Cloud shawl

I finished the Elm Bank Cowl and thus get to start another project.  I have chosen Fallen Cloud as the pattern to knit the very pretty Blue Araucania brand yarn that I must have bought from Love Knitting last fall.

Araucania Lujoso  

50% Baby Alpaca 35% Wool 15% Silk, 3.5oz, Worsted

 So far I love the pattern and the yarn!  Very pretty.  It isn't quite mindless enough to knit while I am on the phone.....but just fine for taking to knitting....so I will probably start one more project today.

I am knitting this project on size 8 needles.  Dar looked at my project and liked it so much that she has started the same pattern in grey.  We are using entirely different yarns and different gauge.(not sure if Dar knits more loosely or is using a larger needle).  It is very interesting to see the difference as we knit at the same time.  I like the way that her light gray yarn shows the cables better.  But I like the way that my cabled edge is crisp.  I think it will be fun to compare at the end.  I believe my version will be heavy and not drape as well while her version will be lighter and a better drape.  I hope I don't forget to update this post when we finish.

I finished my project in February 2020.  I LOVE the shawl.  Carla liked it so much that she also used the pattern and made a version in green....all three are very pretty and all three are very different.  It is fun to see how different yarns and different knitters make such different shawls from the same pattern.  Dar did change her pattern so that is was less triangular and longer.  She did this by not increasing quite as often.  I am getting ready to block my shawl today.

No comments:

Post a Comment