Saturday, February 2, 2019

Elm Bank Cowl

Sarah made me the Elm Bank Cowl from super bulky yarn several years ago.  I have found the perfect Fleece to wear it with and I find that I have worn it a lot this winter and received many compliments.  This photo doesn't do justice to how nicely the cowl and fleece go together.

 

So this winter I found another fleece when I was bringing fleece's out of the basement for which I had the perfect yarn on hand and made one for myself to match another fleece that I already own:



Again the photo does not do justice to how well the cowl matches the fleece.

Then I found a fleece sweatshirt for which I had yarn on hand that I had bought from Sarah in Kanawha City a couple of years ago which was another cowl to be made.

http://marshamosesknitting.blogspot.com/2016/11/malabrigo-yarn-bought-in-kanawha-city.html

I laughed at my self as I hung the yarn on the coat hanger with the sweatshirt....but it worked and I am starting it today.  I like this Elm Bank Cowl a lot more than I like what I had originally bought the yarn for.





As I pulled it off the hanger to start, I though....WOW!  this hank is exactly the right size to knit a longer cowl.  So I measured it before I wound into a ball and it is approximately 52" to 53"

As I wound the ball, my thought is that perhaps I will like this even more with a jean jacket of coat when it is actually finished.  The colors might be good with denim look.





The pattern calls for 17 needles.  The one twist in the circle makes it lay a bit differently than a cowl that is just knit around.

No comments:

Post a Comment