Thursday, February 15, 2018

Quaker Yarn Stretcher

I started this scarf/shawl with the pattern Quaker Yarn Stretcher.  I had  looked at this pattern for many years.  It seemed like a good fit with the yarn that I had just bought on a whim because it was on sale.  However after a sizable start, I found that I had made a mistake.  And I just wasn't sold on not having two long ends to the scarf to wear with triangle in front and ends brought around front.  Dar wore her Casapinka scarf/shawl and I decided to see if Casapinka had a pattern that made sense.  So Now I am making the scarf/shawl called Vary the Gate.  So I worked on this for a few minutes today at Knitting and I just don't like the look of the Vary the Gate as much as I had liked the Quaker Yarn stretcher .....so now I am back to Quaker Yarn stretcher for this project.

It is a plymouth yarn made in South Africa from the Cape Town Collection called Johanne







I am using size 7 needles because I am too lazy to walk upstairs to get size 6.  And I had bought some very nice needles in Black Mountain in size 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment