Sunday, January 7, 2018

I am still in Peru and have started Mary's pouf

I am with Mary and Alberto and babies in Lima.  Unfortunately I have come down with a terrible head cold.  So I am in self-imposed isolation upstairs in Mary's condo.  Thank goodness I saw the babies a lot in the hospital while we did Kangaroo of I would find this time unbearable with the darling boys downstairs and me upstairs.  But I don't want to give this to anyone!

I even worried about knitting on the blanket while I am sick even though I know viruses don't live for long on surfaces....still.....so I have started the pouf.  I like it a lot!

Here is the URL for the pattern:

http://www.craftpassion.com/pouf-knitting-pattern/2/

And the photo of the pouf that the designer made:



Mary had suggested that this would be a good project if I would knit it for her, so I brought yarn with me and size 11 needles.





And here is what the fabric looks like:


My gauge must not have been as large as that of the designer.....so after a few segments I decided to rip out and start again with more stitches.  I have chosen to go 1/2 again as large and here are the measurements I am going to try.  I have tried to keep everything proportional:

62 stitches cast on becomes 94 stitches cast on

Knit all stitches and turn.
Knit 66 stitches and turn.
Pass first stitch from left needle to right  then knit 48 stitches and turn....continue as pattern works....

No comments:

Post a Comment