Monday, January 1, 2018

A Stash of one's own



Sally sent me a message over the holiday season 2017 that I particularly enjoyed:

......
 I received the book “A Stash of One’s Own “. Reading this statement made me think of you... and myself.  

“Most of my yarn is for knitting, but some of it has a more complicated destiny as support staff: It is there to make me want to knit. It’s absolutely possible that I need the green Merino to inform how I’ll use the blue alpaca, and that ball of gorgeous variegated yarn? You bet I’ve had it for ten years, and I completely admit that it’s a yarn pet. I have no intention of ever knitting it, but it’s earning the real estate it takes up with how it makes me feel about knitting. It is the textile artist’s equivalent of a painting hung on the wall. It’s there to be beautiful and to help me dream of possibility. “

Don't know why Sally and I feel that way (as well as most of my knitting buddies), but it is indeed a fact that just seeing the yarn and the potential uses that that yarn might have makes us feel very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment