Sunday, February 25, 2024

New Concatenation Shawl

 I bought some yarn that was probably on one of the sites from which I get e-mails.  Already can't remember.  It is Storyteller Sock color Moon Rocks.  It was an impulse buy.  But the yarn speaks to me.  And I wound one skein into a ball while waiting on the carpool at St Joe.  And realized it is a variegated yarn rather than a self-striping yarn.  I guess I knew it when I bought it, but somehow bought it anyway.  I do not like variegated when used alone.  I don't like the randomness of the colors nor the pooling.  So what to do?  


I got help from my knitting buddies.  I have decided to do another Concatenation Shawl with it and three other colors.  I will take it in to the Blue Ewe on Wednesday to be sure that Jonathan doesn't have anything that will work.  But if he has no colors that I love, I will use Emma's sock yarn.  Right now I am leaning towards her Super silky sock:  Wish you were beer, Denim, and Teddy.  Hmmm....not sure on colors yet.  Work on this.





Then one day this month, I was sitting in my bedroom chair and looked at the cabinet to my right and I already had great colors in my stash.  I might add Wish you were beer to the mix.  It is a slightly darker version of the gold in this photo.






No comments:

Post a Comment