Monday, September 12, 2022

DAR red, white and blue wrap

 Suddenly it popped into my head as I prepared for my first DAR meeting as regent this month that I want a red, white, and blue wrap to  wear on occasion to a meeting.  I found suitable yarn in my stash.  I will add the yarn at a future date.  However, one huge question came to my mind as I read about different patterns that might be suitable:  Are these yarns colorfast?  Will my stripes bleed to pink when I try to block the shawl?

A google search found this you tube explaining how to test for colorfastness from Very Pink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w7iMenFGBc

The yarns proved to be very colorfast so I am ready to start.  I am using Springtime Wrap by Diane L. Augustin for the shape.  The yarn is DK.  However, I am going to use Lewisian Shawl and Hindsight shawl by Rose Mogerman as the color inspiration.  



I have decided to make the width 22 inches.  This is double the size of the spring time wrap.  So the amount of stitches that I am casting on is 128



No comments:

Post a Comment