Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Color Courage

 After one of the Vogue Knitting Live events in 2020, I bought a shawl called Color Courage from Lakeside Yarn.   The shawl was designed by Cynthia Cushing

 What was of interest to me with this shawl is that it starts out as a triangle shawl and then about half way through changes into a less pointed, more crescent shape with longer span from tip to tip.  So it was the construction that I wanted to try.  I finished it over the weekend and blocked it today.  I will post a photo tomorrow.  The verdict is still out about how I feel about this shape.  However, in general I find triangle shawls hard to wear.  And yet I often like the beginning of the triangle shawl.  

The yarn is sensible sock knit on size 5 needles.  I have stored the written pattern the came with the kit in the kitchen file.  It was a very mindless knitted product.

In February 2024, I realized that I had never posted a photo of the finished product.  So today I am posting Color Courage.  



No comments:

Post a Comment