Saturday, June 1, 2019

Start as many new projects as you like!

Linda Wilkinson sent me a link to a blog that was sharing an article from Interweave.  The article is about starting as many new projects as one likes.  I am not sure that I agree with that.  But I do believe in having three projects going at any one time.  I find that starting a new project is lots of fun, but it takes a lot of time and is hard to do in a social situation.  So I need to find some down time in my life to spend on my new project.

Why three projects?  Because I knit mostly in social situations or while on the phone and etc, I find that if I make a mistake I need to knit something else until I have some quiet time to fix whatever is causing the problem.  So I always have two projects that go with me.  And then I need a third project that is perhaps just a bit more challenging ....or perhaps it is not seasonal.

I know that seasonal is kind of crazy.....but I do not like to knit heavy wool in the summer....I want to experiment with linen or hemp or silk or something summery!  And then when winter rolls around, I want to pull out those warm, wool projects that make me "drool"!  I am not above putting a half finished project up when April rolls around to pull back out in September!

So here is the link if you want to read the article for yourself:

https://mailchi.mp/yarnandcoffee/owdsuq9mhl?e=670940a7aa

I am dreaming of some summer projects right now:





And the next yarn is even prettier in person and is a big bowl on my family room trunk/coffee table.

No comments:

Post a Comment