Monday, April 2, 2018

Drachenfels

I fell in love with a shawl when Dar and I visited the Nest in Bridgeport, WV.  The pattern is Drachenfels.  The store model was done in Dark blue, purple/red, and lavender.  It was knitted in Madelinetosh Merino light.  Diana had the dark blue and the red/purple color....or at least something similar.  But she did not have the lavendar in stock.  And because Madelinetosh is hand dyed you can not always find exactly the same color way again.  I am knitting the shawl on size 6 needles.



 

Here is what Webs says about this yarn:

Madelinetosh is known for their colorways and their yarns are some of the most gorgeous knitting and crochet yarns available. Using all natural fibers that are ethically sourced from mills around the world, Madelinetosh yarns are hand-dyed in Texas with low impact organic compound dyes, that are good for you and the Earth!







Because Diana did not have the lavendar, I ended up buying a light pink.  However, on my way to Boston I found a beautiful lavender skein at the Little Owl's Knit shop in Harrisburg.  It is Manos Del Uruguay Fino




I am binding off in September 2018.  It calls for an i-cord bind off.  I first did the bind off using the lavender yarn and a larger needle than a six.  I am redoing the bind off using the dark purple and the number six needle.  I like this look better.  I used the following link to learn the i-cord bind off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddBuZzYhkO0

I finally finished the shawl in November 2018.  It looks so much like the one that I pictured above that I am not going to add the photo of me wearing my version that Caroline posted on facebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment