Saturday, November 4, 2017

Cotton yarn at SAFF

I looked early in the day at some lovely hand dyed yarn at a stall close to the main door.  

http://www.stonyhillfiberarts.com

Cindy's cotton yarns are breath taking.  But I didn't buy.  Later someone asked me if I had seen the amazingly soft yarns and described Cindy's booth.  Still I didn't buy.  Then everyone got tired about 2.  And it was decided that we wouldn't come back the next day. Hmmmmmmm.....Which of the baby kits was I going to buy for Mary?  I needed to go ahead and make that decision!  And I went back while everyone waited on me and bought from Cindy.  I am not one bit sorry even though I have still not decided for sure that these are the colors to be used in Mary's baby's blankets.  But here are some photos.  Some are patterns that I bought for the inspiration in color ways.  Some are the WONDERFUL natural color yarn that would be great baby blankets done by using aran patterns or basket weave or some such texture patterns.  This yarn is incredibly soft!




























And here is the shawl that Cindy had hanging in the booth.  It is crocheted.  However, I found inspiration in the color way.  It reminds me of the shawl that Mitzi knitted that Sally and I coveted.  Mitzi said that it was too heavy and gave it to Mary Jane.  So my thoughts are that these fingering yarns from Cindy might be perfect to use in that shawl to make it lighter!  The color way reminds me of that shawl.











And it didn't occur to me at the time, but as I review the photos, I see that the crazy soft yarn does come in colors.  We could just order the yarn from Cindy in any of the colors we choose.  I think that THIS is the project Sarah and I want to make!  YEA!  Cindy says that this yarn is best knit on size 6-7 needles.  I am very excited!

I am going to put this yarn upstairs in the playroom in one of my big, African baskets.  It is too pretty not to display!  I have put the patterns that I bought from Cindy in a folder in the kitchen that is labelled Cotton.

No comments:

Post a Comment