Monday, October 30, 2017

Christmas Project

Before we left for SAFF I thought about what I would most like to buy.  No doubt about it, I thought that I was most interested in a Christmas project.  Hmmmmmmm....a Christmas project.  Perhaps I should hunt around in my stash to see if there wasn't already some yarn that I own that would work as well or better than what I might buy.  And, of course, there was more than one quantity of yarn that would work perfectly.  So I crossed that idea off my list.

Mitzi and I were walking down the middle aisle and I was telling her the above.  And I added: "unless I find something that I just can't resist".  And five steps later, there was that yarn!  Christmas yarn that I just could not resist!

It was in what turned out to be one of my top three favorite vendors.  



So the cowl that I couldn't resist is a silk cowl made out of Serenity fingering weight yarn.  There are three wonderful colors that one holds together and knits on a size 6 needle.  Claudia explained that one can use basketweave or knit plain.  Below are the wonderful colors and the cowl in another color way:





While I was in Claudia's booth, I saw some terrific cotton kits for baby blankets.  



The directions for the Square One Baby Blanket are inside the package and it looks like below:


Mary liked most of the colors, but the package that I had chosen included orange and purple that she did not like.  So I am not convinced that this is the project for Mary's twins.  Although if this is what Sarah and I choose, we could order more yarn from Claudia in colors Mary likes better.  I had liked the kit that was meant for a girl baby so well that I bought one of those as well.  This yarn is meant for needles between 3 and 5.  I have plenty of yarn that could be used as a shawl just as easily.  100% cotton.

I also bought some wonderful linen from Claudia because the woman in front of me checking out had chosen colors that I could not resist.  That information is in my knitting slideshow.


No comments:

Post a Comment