Monday, May 15, 2017

Blanket for Mia

When I finished the mermaid tail for Kya, I celebrated the fact that Mia said she didn't want a mermaid tail.  It was a good project, but I was very excited to not make another.  So I made Mia a blankie.....and already the blankie has ended up in shreds.  So I have promised Mia another blanket hand knit by Nana.  I am knitting it on size 10 Needles and am using yarn that I bought on sale at AC Moore.



But it is honestly turning out very pretty.  I am pleased.  However, I don't love big needles and I find that I can only knit on it for a short time every day and then I switch to something on smaller needles that is more pleasant knitting.

So below is the blanket that I made for Mia last time that matched the mermaid tail.  I don't know it it was much loved or poorly knitted....but for sure it needed to be replaced.



And here is the new blanket that I finished on Mother's day for Mia




I also brought the girls the blanket that I made for their mom many years ago.  The blanket below was knitted to match a bedspread that was on Katie's bed.  I can't remember for sure if I knitted it for her for her room at #5 Partridge court.  But I suspect that the bedspread was new in our house that I live in now.  So I made the blanket c. 1991 if that is the case.  So here is the photo of Katie's blanket:




No comments:

Post a Comment