But it is honestly turning out very pretty. I am pleased. However, I don't love big needles and I find that I can only knit on it for a short time every day and then I switch to something on smaller needles that is more pleasant knitting.
So below is the blanket that I made for Mia last time that matched the mermaid tail. I don't know it it was much loved or poorly knitted....but for sure it needed to be replaced.
And here is the new blanket that I finished on Mother's day for Mia
I also brought the girls the blanket that I made for their mom many years ago. The blanket below was knitted to match a bedspread that was on Katie's bed. I can't remember for sure if I knitted it for her for her room at #5 Partridge court. But I suspect that the bedspread was new in our house that I live in now. So I made the blanket c. 1991 if that is the case. So here is the photo of Katie's blanket: