Friday, April 7, 2017

Blue alpaca shawl

I finally finished my blue alpaca shawl!  This has been a wonderful mindless project.  



I haven't yet blocked it nor worked ends in, but I am very happy with the results.  It is very warm and snuggly.  I used size 10 needles and Simple but Effective Shawl pattern.  I could not find it on Ravelry, but I feel sure that that is where I originally found it.  The pattern is stored on dropbox in file labelled shawls.

When I finished the shawl, I was very unhappy with the look of the shawl on me.  So I ripped out the regular bind off that I had tried to keep loose by hand and used a decrease bind off which I like a lot.  Here are directions for that decrease bind off:



  • Step 1: Knit two together through the back loop (k2tog tbl).
  • Step 2: Slip the stitch on your working needle back on to your main needle.
  • Repeat steps 1 – 2 until you have cast on the number of stitches required by your pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment