Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Prayer Shawl

Our knitting group agreed to make prayer shawls this fall.  I am almost finished with mine.  I am not that excited about the finished product.  It is too heavy for my idea of a shawl.  But I am going to finish it and turn it in.  The next time that I make such an article, I would either like for it to be prettier or at least not so heavy.  We were given directions to follow that are below the photo

I plant to add a crocheted border in green....and if this happens, I'll post the finished product at the end of this blog post.  

The project calls for 555 yards of yarn and needle size 11 or 13.  
Cast on stitches in multiples of threes....54, 57, 60..
First row K3, P3 to end.  Second row:  knit the purls and purl the knits.  
Knit until the piece measures 57 to 58 inches long.  Bind off with a knit row. Finish with fringe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment